We're really passionate about supporting small businesses (we are one too!), so in this blog we tell you how we help the little guys, how that helps you - our customer, and why we are going to keep promoting bespoke brands.
How do we help?
1. We stock their products
Small businesses rely on each and every purchase to stay afloat and if a small business makes really beautiful, luxe and environmentally friendly products that are cruelty free and actually work - of course we want to share this amazingness with you!
2. We don't make the small business pay for postage
Some beauty businesses advertise free shipping and then get the small business themselves to ship the product direct to you. This means that the small business covers the postage costs and this eats into their already small margin.
At Natural Supply Co, we pride ourselves on gift wrapping each order and making you feel special when you receive your goodies. So we get each small business to ship their product to us (and we pay for that postage so that the small business isn't out of pocket) and then when you receive your delivery you feel like Christmas has come with each and every order!
This also helps us carry out quality control as Celeste checks and wraps each and every item before sending out your order. Quality and service delivery are very important to us and we know that this matters to you as we've received dozens and dozens of thank you messages from our customers. #highfivemoments
3. We regularly promote our brands through social media
Advertising and marketing is expensive and many of the small businesses that we support don't have the man power or know-how to promote their amazing product range. So we help them do it! With Celeste's digital media marketing background and Catherine's obsession with social media, we actively get the word out there about how you can make clever purchases and #switchtosafe!
It's a win/win - the more people that know about the brands that we stock, the greater the demand will be and both we (Natural Supply Co) and the small business will benefit. Plus - you as our customer directly benefits because you get to access these incredible products that we've sourced just for you.
So why are we so passionate about supporting small business?
- Carefully sourced ingredients. The small businesses we support take so much pride in sourcing the very best ingredients for their products. Whether it's mineral-rich sea salts harvested from Western Australia or coconut oil from sustainable sources in the Solomon Islands, you can rest assured the ingredients are of superior quality.
- The effectiveness of the product is of utmost importance because a small business cannot afford big advertising campaigns, their products must speak for themselves (i.e. they must actually work and smell delicious!).
- They produce in small batches. This means that when the products are made they're not done in bulk, so there is minimal wastage and careful love poured into each pot and bottle.
- They're environmentally friendly, because they create products in a contained way and can therefore control wastage. Our brands also use sustainable resources for their packaging, like the Circle 21 candles that are made from recycled wine bottles and the BPA-Free plastics used by FrankGreen in their SmartCups (spill-free coffee cups, yay!).
- They really care. All of the brands that we stock have passed the following test:
a) their products harness the power of natural ingredients;
b) they are against animal cruelty and don't test anything on animals; and
c) they are environmentally conscious (in how they run their business and in their packaging).
Do you #shoplocal and care about supporting small businesses? What's your favourite product in our small business range?