How good is Geelong? We are so proud to run our little business from this mighty town - and we LOVE supporting other small businesses in the region, too.
We're also all about shopping plastic-free, so we've put together this guide of legendary businesses in Geelong and surrounds that will happily accept our own packaging.
We'd LOVE to hear from you, if you have other shops to add to the list. Please comment below, email us, or contact us via social media!
- Our favourites are Born & Bread Bakehouse - their sourdough is to die for! And their chocolate croissants... drool. Find them at 364 Pakington Street, Newtown (the entrance is from Marshall Street, though).
Brumby's at 19 Minerva Road, Manifold Heights are also very happy to use your own bread bag.
BULK FOOD STORES
The Source is very convenient for us, as it's opposite Geelong Fresh and Pakington Meats. They stock a large range of chocolates, too - dangerous!! We can also get olive oil, tamari, maple syrup, peanut butter refills here. Find them at 210 Pakington Street, Geelong West.
- We LOVE shopping at Valerie's Pantry, 138 High Street, Belmont. We can also buy free range eggs, yogurt, ice cream and milk here: if you're lucky, you can nab the organic Schultz milk in glass bottles, but they're hard to get hold of!
Bliss & Co Wholefoods is a family-owned and run bulk wholefoods store in Ocean Grove, providing quality, affordable real foods for people and pets.
- Right next door to Geelong Fresh is Pakington Meats - and they're really friendly and happy to use our containers
- We love going for a little road trip to Tarna Valley Farm in Smythesdale, about an hour and 15 minutes away (near Ballarat). I label my containers before going, just writing what I want in each container on masking tape and then sticking that on the container. Then I leave the containers at the butcher, and they sort it all out for me while I have an amazing lunch at the pub a few doors down. It's the best country pub, ever!! Find them at 37 Brooke Street, Smythesdale.
- What's For Dinner in Highton will also use your containers.
- When you take your own container to stock up on fresh coffee beans from Ocean Grind Coffee, 10B Sawmills Way, Torquay, they'll take $1 off the cost for you. Nice!
Geelong Fresh make life very easy, with their fab deli, range of tinned goods and of course, fresh fruit and veggies. They're also very conveniently located for us, at 171 Pakington Street, Geelong West.
Stay tuned as we discover more great local businesses that celebrate plastic free living!