Unfortunately, this glorious time of year often brings sniffles, scratchy throats and chesty coughs. No one loves winter like I do (ok, except maybe for Cath!) - I am my happiest in a beanie, scarf and big woollen sack over jeans or tights with boots.
But annoyingly, almost every year around this time I catch a cold. The past week, Cam has been sick and I (very smugly) thought that me and my immune system had stayed strong. Alas, I woke up feeling pretty rotten yesterday, but have found some relief from some of our lovely products. As I ride this cold out, I thought I'd share my favourite products to help make it a little more bearable.
1. DnA Elements Vapour Rub - This little beauty combines a potent blend of natural botanical ingredients, formulated to help soothe and clear a blocked nose and congested chest. Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Rosemary essential oils (all present in this rub) are ancient remedies used to aid congestion, stuffiness and inflammation while improving breathing. They are filled with anti-bacterial, antiseptic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Salus Heat Pillow - You can choose from Lemon Myrtle & Ginger or Lavender & Jasmine scented packs, but either way, this comforting heat pack from Salus will help to sooth your aches and pains, and provide relief to your weary muscles.
3. Lanolips 101 Ointment - This will protect your dry lips (from sleeping with your mouth open!) and also help prevent a dry, flaky nose from blowing it 89065431 times a day. Honestly, it's a miracle product, and you need one of these tubes of goodness every day of the year, not just when you're sick. Promise.
4. Love Tea - Everyone loves a different blend of tea, but there's no denying it; a hot cuppa always makes us feel a bit better. Our favourites are English Breakfast and Skin Glow - might as well look after our skin while enjoying a tasty herbal tea!
5. Mama Disrupt Magazine - You've got your cup of herbal tea, your heat pillow is on your shoulders, and it's time to (try to) relax and distract yourself from your sniffles. Dumbo Feather magazine is the perfect option, with interesting articles which aren't too long for you to lose concentration when you're not feeling 100%.
I hope these little tips help you to feel a bit better this winter! Do you have any other natural remedies to share? Please post your top tips below.