At Natural Supply Co, we really care about the planet, and we continually strive to reduce our environmental footprint and tread lightly on the earth.
Here are some of the things we have implemented to help with this:
- We reuse as much packaging we receive from our suppliers as possible. All packing beans are reused (plus they are biodegradable and compostable), we reuse boxes whenever possible, as well as bubble wrap: in fact, since our launch in 2014, we have never purchased bubble wrap!
- We get extra packing beans from local shops, so they are not throwing them out and we are not purchasing new materials.
- We use Australia Post MyPost Business to send the majority of our parcels, which is a carbon neutral service.
- We offer a TerraCycle program for oral care products (toothbrushes, toothpaste and dental floss canisters), hair aerosol cans and pens. We also collect Biologi containers to return to Biologi to be recycled; and Dirt Laundry Liquid bags to return to Dirt to be refilled. Customers are welcome to bring any of these items into our store (at 5 Rutland St, Newtown VIC 3220) to be properly recycled.
- We give away as many big stock boxes as we can to locals who are moving, instead of sending them straight to be recycled.
- We RedCycle all of our soft plastics.
- We write a monthly column for GT magazine (the glossy weekend magazine in the Geelong Advertiser) sharing eco advice with the wider community.
- You can find our recycling resource list right here.
We are approached pretty much daily with requests for donations and sponsorships. We love to give back to the local community and women in particular, through our charity partnerships. We have committed to assisting the following not-for-profits:
- Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF): We took part in Frocktober in 2020 and donated $1 from every order in October 2020 to the OCRF, to help raise funds for an early detection test for ovarian cancer... and we wore matching dresses, shoes and accessories every day for the whole month! We will continue to support Frocktober each year and donate $1 per order for the month of October, as well as helping raise awareness through our social media.
- Share the Dignity: We donate several bags to the Share the Dignity It's in the Bag Christmas campaign every year, and we are now also a collection site for sanitary items to be distributed to girls and women who just don't have access to pads and tampons. You can find out more here.
- Geelong Mums: We supply the annual Geelong Mums fundraising mother's day lunch with all the bathroom goodies a gaggle of mums could enjoy! We also personally donate to the cause wherever we can; Geelong Mums does incredible work, to support the most vulnerable mums and kids in our community.
- Geelong Community Foundation: In 2021, we have donated to the Geelong Community Foundation's P500 campaign, to help raise $250,000 for community grants.
Natural Supply Co operates on land where sovereignty was never ceded by our First Nations People. As such, we commit to paying the equivalent of 1% of our rent to Pay the Rent in solidarity with the Aboriginal people of Victoria, in an ongoing effort to provide practical means for economic independence and to recognise Aboriginal Sovereignty.