Image courtesy of The Laundress
Preparing to return your tribe back to school after the glorious holidays? Well we've got some great preparation tips for you!
First off, The Laundress tackles THE BACKPACK!
That means folders, papers, and writing utensils – not a pencil left behind!
2. Pretreat any stains.
3. Insert into a Mesh Bag.
This will protect zippers and straps from tangling or snagging during the wash cycle.
4. Machine wash in hot water.
Wash with Signature Detergent on the normal cycle, selecting hot water to achieve the deepest clean.
5. Hang to dry.
Promptly remove the backpack from the washing machine and hang to dry. Make sure to leave all compartments unzipped for ventilation.
Next, we recommend tackling the lunch box and Tupperware with Murchison Hume Counter Intelligence All Surface Spray.
Image courtesy of Murchison Hume.
The reason why we love the Counter Intelligence All Surface Spray is that it's strong enough to tackle all of your everyday germs without the use of harsh or dangerous chemicals making it safe enough for use in food preparation areas and for your food storage containers.
1. Pull out all containers and match them up with their lids.
2. Spray liberally with the Counter Intelligence All Surface Spray and wipe with a sponge or clean dry cloth.
TOP TIP: For nasty smelling containers or those with a stubborn stain, we recommend using The Laundress Scented Vinegar. Vinegar is known for its powerful properties that fight stains, buildup, odors, and germs. Simply wipe (or dab onto fabric) and then rinse off with water.
Finally, we recommend taking a good hard long look at those baby car seats!
1. First, nothing beats a good vacuum to suck up all of the food crumbs and sticks and leaves from the park!
2. Next, give each car seat a good old wipe with a wet cloth and some The Laundress All Purpose Cleaning Concentrate to remove any odours and sticky spots.
3. Then, to finish off the job and leave your car smelling as good as new, we love The Laundress Fabric Fresh Spray. The non-toxic formula contains antibacterial properties and adds scent while removing odour.It is also ideal for deodorising outerwear, car interiors, sneakers, and luggage. Spray items from 6 inches away. Safe for all fabrics and furnishings.
But if you really want to go all out, and take apart your entire baby seat, we highly recommend reading Jessica's blog post here: http://blog.thelaundress.com/wordpress/2011/07/15/washing-a-carseat-with-the-laundress/
What will you be doing to get ready for the new school year? We'd love to hear your top tips!