Image courtesy of JAR Body
Unless you've been living under a rock, you would have heard about body scrubbing! But what is all the fuss about? We've been busy product testing and researching so that we can tell you the goss.
Five top reasons to scrub
- If you want healthy smooth skin, you must first slough off your dead skin cells. No better way than in the shower or bath with your fingers and hands acting as a body exfoliator.
- It promotes blood circulation and some people even say it helps with cellulite and stretch marks.
- The versions with coffee in them (like our Shore Soap Co Coffee Scrub) awaken the senses - which is just a lovely way to start the day!
- It hydrates your skin and if you choose a product designed for sensitive skin, like our Shore Soap Co Original Sugar Scrub, it will leave you feeling softer and smoother. We think a lot of this comes down to the use of shea butter and natural oils. Mmm!
- It will get you ready for tanning (with our EcoTan range) in preparation for the skin-baring summer days.
Four amazing versions to start using quick sticks
- Shore Soap Co Coffee Scrub - made with shea butter, ground coffee and essential oils blended into sugar and ground oats, you might be tempted to eat this scrub, it smells that good (but don't, save it for your skin!). Typically thought of as a morning pick-me-up, coffee can also perk up your skin. The caffeine in the coffee bean has a number of benefits for your skin, from treating redness and inflammation, to reducing the appearance of under-eye circles, to getting rid of cellulite. It's also thought to increase blood circulation to the skin. Directions: Apply to damp skin and massage in circular motions. Rinse well.
- JAR Body Scrubs - there are so many gorgeous options to choose from; just choose your favourite scent, then transfer your desired amount into a bowl or dish with your dry hands and dry wooden scoop supplied in your JAR packet - seal your packet and store away for next time - in a dry spot out of sunlight. Take your bowl into the shower or bath - get messy and scrub away the dead skin and unearth your soft, glowing and beautiful skin from underneath, be sure you wet your body and leave the water off while scrubbing. Add a little more water as you need to move it around. You may notice a lingering smell just after you scrub - this is because of the natural fragrances and oils. Scrub and then finish with a moisturiser (like our Jacqueline Evans Argan & Rosehip Moisturising Cream).
- Shore Soap Co Original Sugar Scrub - this is one of the most gentle types of body scrubs, making it a good choice for extremely sensitive skin. The sugar is combined with shea butter and natural oils, to help hydrate your skin. We love the addition of beeswax in this one as beeswax is known for its emollient, soothing and softening properties, and it really helps the skin retain moisture.
- Salus Eucalyptus & Rosemary Purifying Body Scrub - this one has a gel base, which contains bamboo and pumice to stimulate cell renewal and restore youthful glow. It's a great option for men, too.
So how often do I scrub?
It's recommended that you scrub 2-3 times per week, depending on which scrub you choose.
One packet of JAR body scrub should last you up to a month depending on the amount you use.
The Shore Soap Co jars of scrub are quite generous and will last many exfoliation sessions.
Sticking to a regular body scrubbing routine can smooth away even the roughest and bumpiest skin. Test out our picks and let us know what you think!
Love Catherine & Celeste xxx